When everything on your job list seems urgent and important, vital communication and interpersonal skills often take second place.
How can you create the impression you want to create? How can you be assertive without becoming aggressive or giving way? How can you motivate the people you work with to listen to – and act upon – your recommendations? How can you negotiate your way effectively through the obstacles and minor confrontations which seem to crop up every day?
This short session will introduce you to the communication techniques you need. You will leave the workshop armed with new ideas on dealing with tricky communication situations, and have a clearer idea of your own strengths and weaknesses.
The workshop is light-hearted, practical and participative: please come prepared to share your experiences and join in!
- Self Awareness – Managing Yourself and Your Time o
- Manage Schedules, Interruptions, Priorities and People o
- Be assertive – Manage the interruptions
- Develop skills to improve your work/life balance
- Performance Management- Getting the best from People
- How to secure agreement, commitment and action from your staff?
- Motivating and coaching – giving feedback
- Handling conflict
- Influencing skills
- Effective Teamwork – Working Together
- Manage teams positively to produce better results
- Communication skills for teams
- Key functions of team leaders – leading from the front