This course leads to the NPTC CS32 Fell & Process Trees over 380mm diameter test. Trainees must already have their NPTC CS30 and CS31 qualifications as a pre-requisite.
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site.
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required.
- Assess the trees to be felled for hazards and risks.
- Assess a leaning tree and the safest method of felling.
- Make accurate cuts in the correct positions.
- Delimb felled trees in a safe and methodical manner.
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths.
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber.
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guidebar.
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner.
- Assess a hung-up tree and the safest method of takedown.
- Select and prepare equipment required for safe and effective takedown.
- Check on the safety of takedown tools.
- Make accurate severing cuts in the correct positions.
- Select and use hand tools safely.
- Take down hung-up trees to a safe and stable position.
- State unsafe practices which must not be adopted.
- 2 days plus NPTC assessment