This course is suitable for anyone requiring training or certification for insurance or work purposes and deals with trees up to 15” in diameter at cutting height as part NPTC Unit 31. Trainees must have completed the NPTC CS30 before attending this course.
- Identify types of timber, potential hazards and stresses, correctly assess if timber is in compression or tension, and select the appropriate technique to deal with the particular situation.
- Correctly assess the situation prior to free felling a straight open grown tree up to a maximum of 380mm diameter, and with the aid of wedges and/or a felling lever, fell it in a chosen direction.
- Remove limbs from felled trees and cross cut, handle and stack timber in a safe and efficient manner.
- Take down hung up trees using hand tools.
- Recognise situations where specialist help is required.
- 3-4 days plus assessment